Cell C win a bakkie competition winners announced
Thursday, 4 March 2021
It’s the New Year, bringing with it plenty of new luck, new beginnings, and new hopes. After receiving hundreds of millions of entries to the Cell C Change Your Summer Change Your World, ‘Win a Bakkie’ competition, 20 winners of the brand new Nissan NP200 utility bakkies have been drawn. The aim of the competition was to enhance ambitious entrepreneurial dreams and create much needed business opportunities.
After a year like 2020, which saw massive job losses and salary cuts due to the pandemic, Cell C realised the huge potential to encourage and support new business creation and entrepreneurship.
Recognising the potential for new business creation and entrepreneurship, Cell C decided to execute a Summer campaign that would give away prizes to help customers start afresh in 2021, the prizes included utility bakkies, laptops, Smartphone devices and shopping vouchers to name a few.
“No one can be in any doubt that 2020 was one of the most trying times in South Africa’s history. With our Summer campaign, Cell C hopes to inject joy back into South Africa and lift the country after the darkest of winters.” says Simo Mkhize, Cell C’s Chief Commercial Officer.
Here is what some of the bakkie winners have to say:
- Sibusiso Mbambo from Empangeni, KZN. He says, “I was very excited to receive the call to say I’d won but at first I didn’t believe it. I am self-employed and will use the bakkie to make deliveries for my tuck shop business and to deliver supplies for my produce business.”
- Chandre Brandt from Worcester in the Western Cape. She says, “I was amazed when I got the call. At first I thought it was a prank but when I saw the ads on TV and via SMS I knew that this is real. I’m totally overwhelmed. Thank you Cell C.”
- Christo Williams, from Ceres in the Western Cape. He says, “This bakkie came to me just in time. The car that I am currently driving was giving me a lot of problems. Thank you Cell C. I plan to continue playing Win and Spin as it has changed my life."
- Weinrich De Ruiter from Nelspruit says, “I was in total disbelief when I received the call. I have a Top up contract and I bought airtime that qualified me to play Win and Spin. My plan is to sell this bakkie and buy a bigger one to accommodate my family of five."
- Raihaan Van Boom from Cape Town says, “I am so excited about winning. I will use the bakkie for work purposes.”
- Cell C introduced a new ‘Spin & Win’ game to make the Summer campaign more engaging for customers. Each time a qualifying purchase was made, a customer was allocated spins, with which they stood a chance to unlock prizes in the game. By taking part they stood a chance to be entered into the grand prize draw to win one of the 20 bakkies that were up for grabs. This competition ended on 31 January 2020 however customers can still win big when they recharge and buy one of the five qualifying bundles in the new and exciting Spin & Win GIG-A-MILLIONS competition where customers stand a chance to win their share of 100 000GB of data daily. Customers need to recharge and buy any of the following qualifying bundles.
- All-in-One bundles
- WhatsApp bundles
- Socializa bundles
- All-4-ME bundles
- Data bundles (daily bundle / weekly bundle / monthly bundle / 90-day bundles / 180-day bundles / 365-day bundles)
QUALIFYING AIRTIME RECHARGES
- Airtime rand value recharges made through any channel will qualify the customer to earn spins.
- Voucher or pinless recharge and emergency airtime (Prepaid & Hybrid) will qualify the customer to earn spins.
The competition is open to all Cell C Prepaid customers, TopUp customers and individual Postpaid customers via the Cell C App, portal, in-store and banks.
The Spin & Win GIG-A-MILLIONS competition will reward spins when a customer recharges and buys a data bundle, activates a new line or pays their monthly subscription. The competition will end on 30 April 2021.
For more information go to www.cellc.co.za
Back to media releases